Happy New Year, Geeks! Belatedly, anyway.
There are a few
patch notes announcements regarding the future of Skill Up Skillet; step lively and listen!
- Removed poll from right sidebar. To those who voted, thanks!
- Removed seasonal snow from blog, because apparently we can’t have nice things. Like snow. (Send me a blizzard, please!)
- Blog header image altered to reflect new posting schedule.
- Blog icon redesigned from v. 1.0 to v. 1.2:
The SuS icon change is by far my favorite of the batch; all good art improves with age, right? Additionally, several new features have been added throughout the course of the year. Let’s discuss some of the most noteworthy changes…
Skill Up Skillet 1.2 Patch Notes
- Added Feed Your Fandom menu on the right- This spiffy feature allows you to search for recipes based on personal interests: Minecraft? Absolutely. Super Mario? Of course; all at the click of your mouse! This feature is also perfect for planning a themed party (hint, hint).
- Special Features page added. Want to see my quasi-award nominations? Interviews? Other blogs featuring my content? There ya go. Spoiler alert: The closer you scroll to the bottom, the more squee-worthy they get.
- I spent a day making SuS Shrooms and decided to make a Social
MediaShenanigans page. If I’m online, you can find all of my profiles there.
- More Geek Eats directory added. Want more geeky recipes but can’t find it here? Ever hear the expression “If you can’t beat’em, join’em”? Check out more geeky food blogs to feed your addiction.
- Recipe Nerf: Weekly recipes downgraded to bi-weekly recipes due to budget cuts. More on that here.
- Geeky Gadget Reviews! Pending permission(s), more details to come.
- Power to the people! Guest posting opportunities are now available. Want to share your recipes or articles? Give this page a read, then shoot me an email.
Completely unrelated, congrats to Mckelodeon of Nerd•ily on celebrating one full year of blogging goodness. For those not in the know, she hosted a giveaway to celebrate the event and I was one of the lucky winners! I don’t care what your opinion is regarding Star Wars, look at these:
Yes, I know it’s not food. No, I don’t care. Sometimes we need to stop adulting for five freaking minutes and have Show & Tell time.
Coming Up Next: Assassin’s Creed Cookies (2/15). Because.
Remember, cooking IRL doesn’t have to be a Feat of Strength!