Believe it or not, I actually keep a schedule for my blog. I attend Linky Parties and the WP Community Pool on Mondays, promote and create recipes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, post and manage social media stuff on Thursdays (which usually carries over to Fridays), attend more Linky Parties and promote on Fridays, then take Saturday and Sunday to rest. Rest. HA! The hell is that, anyway? This is significant because, when I see a new email notification for a blog comment or message over the weekend, well, it’s a good day. And sometimes I’m even surprised with a new award nomination. Today I’d like to share with you my fifth award nomination.
I present to you: The Starlight Blogger Award!
I was nominated for this award by Fabiola of My Heart of Mexico just the other day. Since it’s no longer September From Hell I was happy to accept the award immediately. Thanks Fabiola! Fabiola writes an authentic Mexican cooking blog sprinkled with articles chronicling life in Mexico. Reading through her blog is an eye-opening experience which is not to be missed! Again, my thanks to you.
Ready? Let’s go.
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you and add 3 new questions for your nominees.
4. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog. Never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions and never change the Award rules.
Do Not Delete This Bit: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image. You cannot alter or change it in any way, just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
These are the three original questions:
- If you could describe or picture your inner soul how will you describe it? An infinite network of clockwork gears splattered with more colors than a Jackson Pollock painting on acid. Yeah, something like that.
- What are you working on right now? Looking up royal icing recipes and techniques for this week’s post.
- What is your creative dream project? I have two! One: I would like to grow the Skill Up Skillet blog into something respectable, possibly turn blogging into a career. If I ever have over 100,000 followers I will probably flip my shit in the best possible way. Two: I want to go into business for myself. I’d like to open an eSports cafe in my area, ideally. It would be a casual restaurant with gaming inspired food (hm, sound familiar?) and projectors set up showing eSports tournaments and Twitch streams. Seriously, I could talk about this idea for days, man. Days.
Questions from My Heart of Mexico:
- What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging? Time management. Or at least particularly in September. Believe it or not, I’m a busy, busy, busy girl. Sometimes I leave recipe research and execution to the last possible second or misjudge the time it will take to complete the final touches on a recipe. 15 hours on fondant work? Madness!
- What advice would you give to newbie bloggers? In addition to the tips given in this post, don’t give up. You might not see any significant traffic for two years. You might even have a minor nervous breakdown wondering if it’s all worth it. I did, too. Push through it. Your biggest obstacle is you. Don’t give up.
- What motivates you to keep blogging? I’m kind of a jerk who enjoys proving people wrong. Growing up, my mom berated everything I did in the kitchen saying I’d never do anything worthwhile. Now I have almost 700 followers who eagerly await my regular Thursday posts.
My Starlight Bloggers Award Nominees:
You might notice a theme for most of these…
My questions for the nominees:
- Cake or pie? Justify your answer and include your favorite flavor.
- How do you achieve your work/life/blog balance?
- What strategies or techniques do you use to increase your blog’s followers?
That’s it! Let’s give the nominees a round of applause!
Stick around for Thursday’s NBC sugar cookies post and don’t forget to vote for November’s Featured Recipe!
Remember, cooking IRL doesn’t have to be a Feat of Strength!